142 replies to this topic

#121 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Forum member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Well, I am in Minnesota so the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul is obviously the closest but I'd settle for something in the Chicago area. The drive there isn't terribly long. Plus that's where I grew up so I can visit family and the like during such a trip.

Looking at the date of the 15th for this latest concert I should note that the 17th is St. Patrick's Day and there are festivities in the city of Chicago that day.

I'm sure one of the stumbling blocks of planning a concert visit (especially in a place where Ludovico is less known) is getting the word out and advertising the show locally.

#122 maxmara

maxmara
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hi, you're perfectly right! Next time I'll talk to Ludo, I'll check if he can tell me something about other concerts in USA.
In particular, which state are you interested in?

Hi Susanna,
Just want to bring to your attention that on March 13th 2010, the day Ludovico will be performing in Santa Monica, another well known Italian artist, Vinicio Capossella, will be performing few miles away. With extreme disappointment the music lovers of the italian community in Los Angeles will have to choose which concert to go to. As most of the people attending Ludovico's concert will be most likely italians, this will mean less people to Ludovico's concert. Is there any way the date can be moved?

#123 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts
  • Interests:Travels, photography, music, languages, cooking

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hi maxmara, sorry for the late but I didn't see you post before.
I suppose it's not possibile to mode the date of a concert as I think that you must consider that there are many aspects that do not depend only by the artist, such as the owner of the place where the event takes place, or, in this particular case, that fact that, for Ludo, this is a concert across the world, so maybe, he already planned his tour time before.
Anyway, you can write an email to Ponderosa music art.
Regards
:)

#124 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

Sorry for double post but, by clicking KDFC CLUB it's possible to get Tickets for free for the date in San Francisco!!

#125 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Forum member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Sorry for double post but, by clicking KDFC CLUB it's possible to get Tickets for free for the date in San Francisco!!

Now if only they offered hotel and airfare to go along with that... :)

#126 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

I'm taking a look at hotel in Frisco 'cause I'm going there this summer and not all of them are too much expensive. How much does flight cost?

#127 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Forum member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

Flights from Minnesota to San Francisco are currently a bit over $300 round trip for the cheapest ones. Those flights will have at least one stop as well. A non-stop flight would set you back over $550. Prices are still pretty similar to when the concerts were first announced. I suppose "$150" is fairly cheap to fly half way across the US each way but the other issue is that I would feel bad just going by myself again as my mom and dad would also love to see Einaudi but they would have to fly from Texas.

#128 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

I Know it's not close but Ludo will perform a solo concert in NYC in october: click here for more details:

http://www.inticketi...m/events/102436

#129 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Forum member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

I Know it's not close but Ludo will perform a solo concert in NYC in october: click here for more details:

http://www.inticketi...m/events/102436

Still waiting for Ludovico to find the middle of the USA here. :) I don't think I currently have any plans to be visiting NYC.

#130 rbinlbca

rbinlbca
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

Hello All:

Late to the party, I'm a new fan of Ludovico. What a discovery!
Anyway, I'm looking at the US dates for October 2010.
Does anyone know if those are finalized so I can book travel? I know tickets are on sale so the shows are booked. But, are there more dates to come?

Also, the show in NYC is a premiere for a festival. Does anyone know if LE will be performing as a special guest at other events during the festival? I'd hate to miss him after making the effort to get there.

I'll fly to NY and see the show on Oct 8th. Seems like there is room for another show btwn NYC and SF. Any info?

From NY, I'll fly to SF to see that show on Oct 13th. Finally, return home to LA to see the show on the 14th. I just can't swing Milwaukee.

Though those 3 dates in LON in Nov are tempting.

Thanks so much!

I've enjoyed reading these forums and learning more about this master!

robt

#131 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'll appreciate very much if you won't use abbreviations all the time in your writings because there's many people not-native English or American which like to read also these postsand it would be less comprehensive. I understand that it may be a bit boring for you but it also would be nicer from you to us which don't speak your language fluently.
Thanks in advance ^_^

Unfortunately, tour dates do not come out all together but a little at time, when Ludo himself define them with locations. So, check from time to time this forum, in which you'll find lots of information and stories about everything regarding Ludovico.

Bye

#132 Susanna

Susanna

Forum veteran member

• Moderators
  • 3807 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Hello. Sorry for double post. Just to let you know that Ludovico told me he will be performing also in Portland but at the moment we talked he couldn't remember the exactly date. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Susanna

SO, for the moment,the dates which are confirmed are:

1) NEW YORK
event date: 08/10/2010
Angel Orensanz Foundation
Tickets from 30 Usd
http://www.inticketing.com
event time: 9,30 PM

2) SAN FRANCISCO
event date: 13/10/2010
The Solo Concert
Herbst Theatre
tickets: http://www.cityboxoffice.com
event time: 8.00 pm

3) LOS ANGELES
event date:14/10/2010
Ford Ampitheatre
Early buyer 15 Usd - full ticket 20 Usd
www.fordamphitheater.org
event time: 8,30 PM

4) MILWAUKEE
event date:16/10/2010
Solo Concert
MARCUS CENTER for the performing arts
929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53202
http://www.marcuscen...cketsOnline.htm
event time:7,30 pm

Edited by Susanna, 22 July 2010 - 10:08 PM.
re-organization of USA tour dates

#133 Mikepod

Mikepod
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

I am 16 years old and have been wanting to hear Einaudi live for many years now. I have learned many of his songs on piano. I thought I had my chance to hear him play live this year at San Francisco on October 13th but when I asked my mom if we could go she told me that I am on a family vacation.
My question is if it is expected to have Ludovico Einaudi back in San Francisco anytime soon in 2011? I cannot wait too find out.

#134 Antonio Rusconi

Antonio Rusconi

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:La musica (di vario genere) le stelle e la buona tavola :-)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi Mike. I'm sorry you can't go on October, 13rd. For now I don't think you can say if next year he will play again here. My advice is to come to read occasionally the Ludovico's web site. Ludovico keep always up to date his site and his forum.

:)

Greetings from Italy and welcome in this forum!

---
Posted Image
---
nella vita non importante se si sbaglia, quanto il coraggio di tentare...

#135 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Forum member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Woohoo...only one month to go until the Milwaukee show!

Row E should have a few extra people whom I've never met before but informed about the concert over the internet. I'm not sure if those folks are coming along with other people though. Plus, pianomonica will come in from Kentucky and was going to bring her husband but he has other matters to attend to that weekend so unfortunately he can't make it. I'm not sure what she was planning to do with the extra seat.

I'm also excited to have my parents coming along to this concert as well. I will admit they were pretty jealous about my San Fransisco trip a while back. Now the only thing I can hope for would be a nice bit of Indian Summer around the time of the concert because over here in Minnesota we've been dealing with slightly below average temperatures already!

#136 Cathy

Cathy

Forum veteran member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9111 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hope you all have a fab time, Anthony. I'll cross my fingers for some decent weather for you!
Love many, trust few - and learn to paddle your own canoe.

#137 Sola

Sola
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

Magical, Transcendental, experience for me, with so many facets. A memory jewel in my life. I never expected, ever, that I'd find myself at a Ludovico Einaudi Solo Concert.....beyond description, truly. One thing that was so wonderful about it was that my two daughters got to experience the concert with me. We don't go many places together as a threesome...but this was certainly an event that we all found exhilarating and inspiring. On Sunday I even made an 'Italian Dinner' to extend our celebration. I even found some Italian tomato sauce made in Italy....hehehe....so I HAD to have that, too. Well...for years now....before I met Ludovico....or even knew of him....Italian Wine was ALWAYS! the only kind I liked....truly! Well, this message is just me 'expressing' the joy of the experience...and my gratitude...that I heard Ludovico play in person....even though I really never thought I would. Best Wishes and Love to you All......Angela

(PS.....one wonderful addition to that concert was that there were cds available of his work that I had never heard before.....The Berlin Concert and Cloudland (*I'd only heard some of the Cloudland songs)....I love The Berlin Concert so much I am crazy about it...and Cloudland, too.....the song LIGHT ON LIGHT.....I just don't have the words to describe any of this music....it is too grand for words!)

#138 Craig1944

Craig1944
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Do you have any plans to play in nashville, tennessee

#139 Emily380

Emily380
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

Hi! I recently was introduced to your music and am so moved by your compositions. It would be such an honor to see you perform in NYC someday. Do you have any plans to come to the city in the near future?

#140 dr_lager

dr_lager
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I just found out that he will be in San Francisco on November 11. Go to his facebook page for full details. It's cheaper than his last visit as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users